Are You Online? - Browse Singles Now!

Dating News: 1 in 5 Relationships Start Online - Meet Singles Today!

Update Preferences

Match.com | P.O. Box 25472 | Dallas, TX 75225

This email was intended for medici@ncsa.illinois.edu

t chance slip."It's a shame. But the game is there. I'm going to look forward to keeping it sharp next week and going to the World Golf Championship and another major in the next couple of weeks. I like where I'm at."Mickelson started the final round five strokes adrift of overnight leader Westwood, but held steady going out and then stormed down the back nine in a superb 32 at a time when all of his rivals were stumbling in the tough conditions.It was the third straight Open won by a golfer in their 40s with Ernie Els and Darren Clarke both 42 when they won at Royal Lytham and Royal St George's, respectivelyMickelson also became the first player in history to win the Scottish Open and then go on to win the British Open the following week.Tiger Woods started the day tied for second, just two off the lead, but he failed to find any spark and his record of never having won a major when trailing after 54 holes held firm as he came in at two over 286 after a 74.Throughout the day it was a bruising battle of wiles and wills among the the world's best golfers with no quarter given and the mighty Muirfield links showing no mercy to the faint-hearted.The lead changed hands at regular intervals, but in the end it was the experience and the expertise of the popular Mickelson that carried the day to secure the Claret Jug that goes to the winner of the British Open.England's Ryder Cup hero Ian Poulter set the early clubhouse target of one over often the one to deliver the closing line: "Thank you, Mister. President" -- four polite words that belied a fierce competitive streak."Helen Thomas was a trailblazer in journalism and in the White House press corps," said Steven Thomma, president of the White House Correspondents Association. "Women and men whove followed in the press corps all owe a debt of gratitude for the work Helen did and the doors she opened. All of our journalism is the better for it."Thomas' disdain for White House secrecy and dodging spanned five decades, back to President John Kennedy. Her freedom to voice her peppery opinions as a speaker and a Hearst columnist came late in her career.Thomas was accustomed to getting under the skin of presidents, if not to the cold shoulder."If you want to be loved," she said years earlier, "go into something else."There was a lighter mood in August 2009, on her 89th birthday, when President Obama popped into in the White House briefing room unannounced. He led the roomful of reporters in singing "Happy Birthday to You" and gave her cupcakes. As it happened, it was the president's birthday too, his 48th."Michelle and I were saddened to learn of the passing of Helen Thomas," the president said, in a statement. "Helen was a true pioneer, opening doors and breaking down barriers for generations of women in journalism. She covered every White House since President Kennedys, and during that time she never failed to keep presiden