Re: test stream direction

1) No there is not a way to do "downlink" only testing.

2) No there is no method for asymetrical bitrates.

Both of these are interesting additions. One problem though is the
explosion of commandline arguements that would result of such
enhancements (ie why stop with bandwidth, you could do differing number
of streams, winsize, bufferlens, amounts, etc). Feel free to modify the
source to meet your needs. One function that could be modified to do some
canned tests would be the Settings::GenerateClientHdr at
src/Settings.cpp:660. The option to look at would be the hdr->mWinBand
which tells the server how fast to send in UDP tests. You could set this
to be 3*(old->mUDPRate) or something so that the server sends at 3 times
the client making 768down, 256up (or any other 3:1 connection) testing
possible. Or you could do much more elaborate methods of setting the
hdr->mWinBand. Also playing with hdr->mAmount you can get downlink only
testing. By say if old->mAmount = 0 then set hdr->mAmount to some value.
Then launch iperf with: iperf -c server -n 0 -d and the "uplink" will send
the request for backward testing but then send 0 additional data for its
stream. The server will reply with a connection of duration specified by
the value you set hdr->mAmount to.

Kevin