From: owner-iperf-users --at-- dast.nlanr.net on behalf of Ian McDonald
Sent: Mon 5/15/2006 5:49 PM
To: iperf-users --at-- dast.nlanr.net
Subject: Re: Iperf TCP throughput measurement result

> Any comments on this issue will be appreciated.

Often with TCP one stream cannot use all the bandwidth available
particularly if there is loss - which is more likely with wireless.
What TCP variant are you using as some cope with loss better than
others?

Our research group has a TCP calculator available here you might be
interested in:
http://wand.net.nz/~perry/max_download.php

Ian
--
Ian McDonald
Web: http://wand.net.nz/~iam4

Hi,

We have been trying to eliminate the loss with attenuators when we test those radios on the bench.

The tcp window size is set to 65k.  Again, the distance between radios are very short.  The size of congestion window shouldn't be an issue.

Jin