Re: the UDP performance in IPv6

Hi...

Iperf can measure the jitter and packet losses for a given UDP bandwidth.
We need to qualify UDP performance with loss and jitter characteristics for
a given bandwidth. This is because the sender can pump in packets at any
given rate (with the  host network/CPU speed as the bottleneck), it is just
that the receiver may not receive all the packets.

If the user needs the maximum speed for which there are no losses, he/she
can write a small Perl script which will keep increasing the packet sending
rate till losses are observed at the receiver. (A possible feature for
future releases).

Cheers!

Mitch

--
Mitch Kutzko | mitch --at-- dast.nlanr.net | mitch --at-- ncsa.uiuc.edu | 217-333-1199
http://hobbes.ncsa.uiuc.edu/