Header vs. data payload in bandwidth measurements

I'm trying to use iperf with TCP to figure out the maximum bandwidth of a network I'm constructing.  Here is what I need to know: does iperf's results printout (E.g., "900 Mbits") encompass everything sent over the network (including TCP header, IP header, and data payload)? Or does iperf just measure the data payload bandwidth?

I guess another way to phrase the question is: Does iperf's bandwidth report take into account packet headers, or not?

Thanks,
Dan