DAST: Iperf - dp --at-- comp.lancs.ac.uk

>Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:33:15 -0500
>To: dp --at-- comp.lancs.ac.uk
>Subject: DAST: Iperf - dp --at-- comp.lancs.ac.uk
>
>Contacting DAST re: Request for information about Iperf
>From: Dimitrios Pezaros <dp --at-- comp.lancs.ac.uk>
>
>Question/Comment:
>I am using iperf 1.7.0 alongside some measurement tool I have implement to
measure the performance characteristics of IPv6 traffic.
>I am measuring UDP/IPv6 at the moment and it seems iperf under-estimates
the jitter, compared to my measurement tool that operates simultaneously on
the same traffic, at the ipv6 layer.
>Can I ask you for the exact algorithm you use to produce the periodic
jitter calculations? I am also implementing the RTP jitter algorithm to
compute the mean deviation of consequtive jitter values. does Iperf outputs
the periodic mean for jitter, both for the specified sub-intervals and the
overall measurement period?

--
Mitch Kutzko | mitch --at-- dast.nlanr.net | mitch --at-- ncsa.uiuc.edu | 217-333-1199
Project: http://dast.nlanr.net/  |  Personal: http://hobbes.ncsa.uiuc.edu/