Advisor 2.0 Released!
On behalf of the entire NLANR/DAST team, I am pleased to announce the
release of the NLANR Network Performance Advisor version 2.0!
We thought the community of Beacon users would be interested in hearing
about the latest software being developed by the DAST team.
This fourth release of the advisor includes new features, bug fixes, and
our Performance Data Historical Archiver (PDHA).
It is important to note that this release includes a major rewrite of the
bundle output format and old bundles will not work with this latest
release. Please see the Advisor User Guide for details.
Our Change log lists the following changes for this release:
* using NMWG request schema
* new ADF output parser (bundles prior to this release are
* PDHA released
* addition to pdc config file to locate perl, bash, or python
* bundles updated with units and added (top, ifconfig, pathchar, owap)
* AE gui updated
* AE now uses real types of metrics (String or Double)
* Measurement class can contain measurements of type Double or String
* beginnings of third-party database support
* expert gui allows users to save, load custom metric list
* tdfs detection rules support metrics on either side of comparison
In addition, we have written a tutorial to aid new users in running the
If you have any questions, please send email to the list. Please submit
all bugs to our Bugzilla database (http://dast.nlanr.net/projects/Advisor/bugs/).
We hope you enjoy the Advisor, and look forward to hearing about your
experiences with it.