Expo/Science & Industry/Spacetime Wrinkles
| Back | Map | Theater |
Galactic Cataclysm: Caption and Credits
Colliding Galaxy Simulation
Collapsing 500 million years into seconds, this supercomputer
simulation shows what happens when two spiral galaxies are pulled towards each
other gravitationally and collide.
This test animation for an giant-screen IMAX movie, soon be
released at a major U.S. museum., was based on the numerical output of an actual
supercomputer simulation performed at NCSA.
- Richard Gerber, Susan Lamb: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Dinshaw Balsara:Johns Hopkins University
- Donna Cox, Michael McNeill, Robert Patterson: NCSA/University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Scott Wyatt: Experimental Music Studios, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Michael Norman: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Martin Harwit, Steve Soter: National Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian Institution
- Jeff Marvin, Bayley Silleck: Cosmic Voyage, Inc.
Copyright (c) 1993
Return to Spacetime Wapers
Copyright, (c) 1995: Board of Trustees, University of
NCSA. Last modified 11/8/95.