Help with Zipping and Tarring
To unzip a file (.Z):
- download the appropriate file and exit ftp
- type 'uncompress filename.tar' - note, don't include the .Z
To untar a file (.tar):
- type 'mkdir new_name' - substitute an appropriate name for new_name
- type 'mv filename.tar new_name' - filename is from above
- type 'cd new_name'
- type 'tar -xvf filename.tar'
To compile for usage:
- type 'make filename'
- type 'filename' to launch the application
Return to Technical Corner
Copyright © 1995, The Board of Trustees of the University of
NCSA, 11/18/95. firstname.lastname@example.org